Sembawang Traditional Claypot Rice

Located at a corner of the shop-houses at Sembawang opposite the newly completed condo, The Nautical, there is a coffee shop style eating place called Sembawang Traditional Claypot Rice.

I had passed by this place many times when I ate at the famous White Bee Hoon. However, I didn't have the chance to eat here as we had many other options. Finally, we decided to try out this claypot rice.

We ordered La La Bee Hoon, Claypot Rice for two persons, chilli mussels and two home-made Barley drinks.

La La Bee Hoon
La La Bee Hoon @ $4.80 (small)

Traditional Claypot Rice
Traditional Claypot Rice @ $13.80 (medium)

Chilli Mussels
Chilli Mussels @ $12.80
The La La Bee Hoon is quite spicy and hot. If you like food with lots of pepper, this dish will be the one for you. The La La in the dish are fresh and tasty. The claypot rice is a bit disappointing as it did not elevate it to a higher level. I have tasted better ones and this claypot rice is just average level. I would give this a miss but you can try it first and judge for yourself whether it is good or not.

The chilli mussels are also just average level. I have not tried other dishes yet. For me, it is a good place to order my food because they allow telephone ordering. I don't have to wait there and normally the waiting time for my food will be about 20 minutes. Just a note that they charge $0.50 per dish ordered.

SG Green Fingers Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram